Although this patient has other dental problems, I wanted to fix his smile first so he can smile and enjoy the weekend. Here are the before and after pictures.
Professional results—in about an hour
For a brighter, whiter smile without the wait, choose Opalescence Boost, an in-office, chemically activated whitening treatment that offers results in less than an hour. It’s ideal for people who want instant whitening gratification or those who have that special event coming up that requires a bright, white smile.
- Opalescence tooth whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride), which helps maintain the health of enamel throughout the whitening process.
- Chemically activated, so no hot, uncomfortable light is needed
- Dentist-applied treatment
- Provides dramatic results in less than one hour
Here’s a very detailed video, intended for the dentist, that explains the procedure:
Here’s a New Year’s Resolution You can Smile About! Ten Steps to Happy Teeth and a Happy You:
- Floss once a day. Without flossing you miss 40% of the tooth surface.
- Brush twice a day. Brush for 2 minutes with a fluoride toothpaste, and brush your tongue.
- Schedule at least 2 dental check-ups and cleanings each year.
- Eat healthy. Cut down on sweets and eat more fruits and veggies.
- Stop smoking. It’s bad for everything!
- Drink more water. Stop drinking soda!
- Stress causes you to clench and grind your teeth, wearing them down and breaking your teeth. Try to relax more and have your dentist make you a nightguard if you grind.
- Chew sugarless gum after meals. This stimulates saliva flow to clean off your teeth.
- Wear a custom fit sports mouthguard when playing contact sports to prevent broken teeth and concussions.
- Smile more. It will boost your immune system and you will feel better :-)))
This patient was playing hockey and his left front tooth was fractured by a hockey stick. I restored the tooth in 20 minutes with a ceramic composite bonded restoration. Looks great and he’s happy to get his great smile back.
This next patient fractured the her front tooth biting into a hard piece of bread. I quickly repaired this tooth too.
This patient chipped his lower tooth when he bit down hard and the tooth fractured against the upper incisor. This was a quick and easy repair.
This 14 year old patient chipped his front tooth on the metal restraint bar on a ride at Disney World. Today I repaired the tooth with a ceramic composite bonded restoration in 30 minutes.
This patient was very unhappy with her smile and wanted me to help. We discussed different treatment options and what would work best. I took study models, waxed up an ideal smile and made a provisional bridge of the ideal smile. At the treatment appointment I prepped the canines and centrals for the bridge, extracted the lateral incisors and adjusted, fitted and cemented, the provisional bridge. The provisional bridge will stay in place for 3 months while the extraction sites heal. Following healing I will re-prep the teeth and take the final impression for the porcelain bridge.